- Answer the following questions:
- What is the period of the third generation computers? Write any two examples of third generation computers?
Ans. 1965 – 1974 is the period of the third generation computer. For example:- Honeywell 200 series, IBM system/ 360, ICL 1900 series and IBM 370 series.
- What are the features of fourth generation of computers?
Ans. The features of fourth generation of computers are:-
- Fourth generation computers used microprocessor.
- The size of computer becomes too small.
- Fourth generation computers could fit on a small desk or in the hand.
- Application software for microcomputers has become popular.
- What is the goal of fifth generation of computers?
Ans. The goals of fifth generation of computer are as follows:-
- These computers will be using Ultra Large Scale Integration technology.
- They will be able to recognize image and graphs.
- They will have artificial intelligence.
- These computer will be able to solve highly complex problem including decision making, logical reasoning.