- Answer the following questions:
- What is software? What are the two categories of software?
Ans:- A collection of programs design to control the operations of a computer and its devices is called software. It tells hardware what to do and how to do.
The two categories are:
- System software
- Application software
- Define system software. Write down the functions of system software in a computer system.
Ans:- A set of one or more programs designed to control the operations of a computer and its devices.
Its functions are…
- It controls the operations like reading data from input devices.
- It transmits information to output devices.
- It checks the components of a computer.